Sunday, March 3, 2013

Russian Precision in American Hands






This blog is started to document my path shooting the Izhmash Ural 5-1 target rifle in smallbore 4 position competitions.  You probably noticed that the title says 3P, but nobody shoots the sitting position but the US, so I thought it would make more sense that way.  Like my other blog, "Developing the Trapdoor Springfield," the idea is to have a place I can record things I've learned and hopefully give the few people who have this rifle a place to gain information.  Between being rare and Russian, there is mighty little info out there. 

Some of my goals with this blog are to:

Document parts and manual diagrams.
Report on parts swapability with other Izhmash guns, like their biathlon rifles.
Make and report on fabricated accessories such as bloop tubes, tuners, etc.
Do an occasional ammo test.



I will do my best not to flood the blog with bad stereotypical Russianisms, like "is built in glorious Russian factory for dispatch of Moose and Sqvirrel."  I may struggle at this.
















To get things started, here are some scans of a part blowup and a diagram of the trigger assembly for your perusal, thanks to a helpful Ural owner in Australia.  Thanks for visiting, and check back occasionally for updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment